- Preventing Annular Gas Flow in Conjunction with 2 Stage Cementing
- Successful Second Stage Cementation of a Multilateral Junction, After Floating in the Casing
- A Practical Solution to Control Gas Migration
- Using Casing Annular Packers to Prevent Shallow Gas Migration to Surface in Shale Wells
- Advanced Cementing Tools Enhance Well Integrity
- Overcoming Cement Integrity Challenges Key to Revitalization of Aging Gulf of Mexico Assets
Running TAM’s Casing Annulus Packer (CAP) and Port Collar (PC) system reliably achieves high-quality, second-stage cement operations. Inflating the CAP immediately after bumping the plug on the first stage eliminates annular fluid migration and provides a support for hydrostatic pressure during the secondary cementing stage. This process reduces rig time as there is no need to wait for the first stage to cure. TAM offers metal-to-metal seal Port Collars and a patented HATCH Packer combination (CAP and PC), which includes a unique metal-to-metal seal in the closing valve. The HATCH Packer is the only Casing Annulus Packer in the industry with metal-to-metal seal isolation of the valve mechanism.